Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cindy Takes Cusco

Today was a free day - some of the group chose to take an optional tour, but I opted to see the city on my own. I got up early for me on a Saturday (8:30am). Yes, I know, don't faint. Being at altitude causes loss of appetite (somewhat) and not being able to sleep solid through the night. My first stop was the Coricancha (Temple of the Sun) and Church of Santo Domingo.
That lead me to the location of the Inca Wall remains and the Church of Santa Catalina.
From there I walked to the Church of La Merced and Church of San Francisco
, where I met Pablo Picasso (yea right) but I did buy one of the small water color paintings he was selling. Next I took to the Plaza de Armas where they were having the parade for the secondary school children.
Photographed the Cathedral and the Church of La Compania.
Well, it was then almost lunch time and where do you think I went - yes, McDonald's - I couldn't help myself, it was right there. I watched a little more of the parade and headed back to the hotel to drop off my painting. I then headed to the artist neighborhood of San Blas.
I must say I have walked up so many steps and inclines that my body is in total shock. In addition to consuming tons of water, which I hardly ever do. Tomorrow morning we head for Lake Titicaca. We've been told that we will climb to an elevation of 14,000 feet and then descend to 12,500 at the lake. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment